Vote for the BLK360 in the Wichmann Innovation Awards
The revolutionary Leica BLK360 has made it once again to the finals.
The new BLK360, the world's smallest 3D imaging laser scanner has been nominated as a finalist in the prestigious Wichmann Innovation Awards.
Wichmann Verlag, well known for its professional magazines and specialist books for geodesy and geomatics, is honouring the best products/applications at INTERGEO 2017. In 2017, Wichmann Verlag will award the Wichmann Innovations Award in the categories of hardware and software. In addition, this year Wichmann Verlag in cooperation with INTERGEO and DVW e. V. will also grant a "start-up" award.
An independent jury evaluated and selected the finalists among hundreds of submissions from around the world to receive votes from the general public. The main criteria for the awards were innovation, user-friendliness and practicality. From a shortlist of 10 finalists, the public is asked to vote online for its favourite product/application –and you can vote the BLK360!
Click here or in the banner to start the voting process. You have the chance to vote until September 27, 2017 at 8pm CET.
Five reasons why we believe the BLK360 deserves your vote:
- The BLK360 democratises reality capture by simplifying the collection of as-built reality capture data for work in architecture, design, construction and engineering creating new opportunities for scanning experts and introduce entirely new audiences to laser scanning. In other words, anyone who can operate an iPad can now capture the world around them with high resolution 3D panoramic images.
- Users simply place the lightweight BLK360 on a level surface or tripod and, with the push of a single button, can capture complete and accurate full-dome laser scans that automatically register in a point cloud in under three minutes.
- Weighing only 1 kg (2.2 pounds) and standing at 16 centimetres with a 10 cm diameter, the BLK360 portable scanner gives you the flexibility to scan wherever, whenever.
- The BLK360 scans at a range of 60 metres with 4 mm accuracy and captures panoramic interiors at a rate of 360,000 laser scan points per second with 360º HDR spherical imager with 150 MP.
- Autodesk's ReCap 360 Pro picks up where the single button on the BLK360 leaves off, providing a simplistic interface to control the BLK360 allowing users to visualise data in the field and control all aspects of the reality capture process.
Everyone is invited to vote and has the chance to win attractive prizes like a Garmin Vivosmart HR +, a subscription to Wichman Verlag specialist magazines gis.Business/gis.Science or a specialist book from the Wichmann Publishing Group.
Don't miss the chance to play with the BLK360 at INTERGEO in the WS 14 in Hall 1.1, Booth A1.024
For more information about the products and solutions visit: www.gispoint.de/wia