Leica Chiroptera II Bathymetric & Topographic LiDAR Sensor
Cost-effective coastal LiDAR sensor producing seamless data from land to water
Most capable coastal surveying system
The Leica Chiroptera II is a cost-effective and innovative LiDAR system that simultaneously captures the full waveform in both the 35 kHz bathymetric channel and the 500 kHz topographic channel, making it the ultimate tool for seamless coastal and land surveying.
The system targets the growing need for high accuracy data for environmental monitoring and for surveying of shallow water regions with survey depth down to 2m. The shoreline is captured seamlessly and the system includes the Leica RCD30 medium format 80 megapixel camera to generate RGB point clouds.
Highly accurate results in less time
- Seamless land to below water LiDAR coverage with full waveform capture in both channels
- Captures data efficiently in areas slow and hazardous to map using multibeam sonar
- Best water depth penetration among competing systems with penetration capability of K•Dmax=2.4
- Easily characterise land and seafloor and use the data for accurate environmental monitoring
- Save time with automatic water refraction correction
- Effortlessly upgradable to the HawkEye III deep water bathymetric LiDAR system
Full range of bathymetric and topographic applications
- Environmental monitoring
- Seabed classification
- Nearshore charting
- River surveys and inlands waters
Fast and automated workflow
The Leica LiDAR Survey Studio (Leica LSS) turns data processing of waveform and position data, calibrations, correcting refraction and incorporating four-band camera data into a fast and automated workflow. Manage projects, analyse data and create point clouds with maximum efficiency, using one intuitive interface.
Data sets: Point cloud in elevation, RGB, CIR and NIR view
Contact us today for more information or to request a free demo.