Leica PaveSmart 3D system
Complete 3D stringless paving control solution
Leica Geosystems´ unique, world´s-first 3D control system (1999), which is continuously refined thanks to our worldwide user community´s feedback, saves you time and money, increases site safety, and optimises paving and milling jobsite logistics.
Replacing stringlines completely, Leica Geosystems total stations (Robots) or GNSS (GPS) sensors precisely track the machine´s position and elevation. PaveSmart 3D calculates and compares to the design model´s grade and position. Steer and elevation corrections are then sent to the machine controller, regulating the hydraulics for precise paving or milling results.
Leica Geosystems' track record in 3D paving and milling is unmatched - hundreds of high-profile infrastructure projects have been realized worldwide with PaveSmart 3D since its introduction in 1999. Airports, highways, tunnels, concrete safety barrier, curb & gutter & rail trackbeds can be all constructed quickly, with higher quality and precision and at lower cost, thanks to Leica 3D machine control technology.
Leica PaveSmart 3D Benefits
- Significant project cost & time savings – no installation or maintenance of stringlines, hubs or stakes required
- Optimises concrete & asphalt yields by constructing precise "as-designed" 3D surfaces
- Pave or mill anywhere, at any time, with no holdups or reliance on stringline crews
- Greatly simplified jobsite logistics - get the trucks in and out faster
- Saves valuable working space in road lane-rental schemes
- Low light and night-time operations are made simpler and safer
- Puts operators in control of their work
- High accuracy: up to ± 3mm (± 0.01') in height, ± 10 mm (± 0.03') in position (depending on machine)
- Delivers excellent surface smoothness
- Better operational safety – truck reversing movements can be eliminated and narrow-corridor road projects are made much simpler and safer to operate within
- 3D Data can be imported from practically any CAD system
- Operate in restrictive areas or where stringlines are problematic to install, such as urban streets, tunnels
- Supports controllers from different machine manufacturers
- Compatible with the widest range of GNSS base stations
Wide applications and support many different machines
The Leica PaveSmart 3D works with machines of the following industry-leading slipform paver manufactures:
- Guntert & Zimmerman
Supported machine types include mainline slipform pavers, asphalt pavers, curb & gutter pavers, barrier & offset pavers, placers/spreaders, trimmers, canal pavers, milling machines and slipform pavers for special applications.