Integrating the BLK3D into the 3D Reality Capture Workflow
Further enrich captured scan data with measurable 3D Images
To further enhance the Leica Geosystems 3D Reality Capture Solution, the robust and high-performance Leica BLK3D handheld imager can now be used as an additional Android device to host the Leica Cyclone FIELD 360 mobile-device app to control the Leica RTC360 3D laser scanner and Leica BLK360 imaging laser scanner. This new offering delivers a unique end-to-end solution, provided exclusively by Leica Geosystems.
The BLK3D is a real-time, in-picture 3D measurement solution. It is the first compact 3D handheld imager on the market today. It combines measurement sensors, software and on-device edge-computing data processing capabilities to create real time in-picture measurements with professional-grade accuracy. Every image captured is a complete and precise 3D measurement record of any given environment. The BLK3D acts as a robust, high-performance controller to accompany the BLK360 and RTC360 laser scanners. Fit for purpose to capture and document existing conditions (as-built) on any construction site, the BLK3D’s robust housing and exchangeable, long-life Li-Ion battery packs allow for continuous operation without interruption.
The Leica Cyclone FIELD 360 mobile-device app was introduced to seamlessly link the 3D data acquisition in the field and final data registration with Leica Cyclone REGISTER family post-processing office software and downstream applications including the TruView and CloudWorx families. When onsite, users can automatically capture, pre-register, and examine scan and image data. The user interface combines easy handling of complex calculations with a graphical user guidance, which offers a remarkable user experience for both expert and novice users.
Both BLK3D and Cyclone FIELD 360 can now be seamlessly integrated to further expand the Leica Geosystems 3D reality capture solution. This combination introduces the capability of attaching 3D Images to point clouds providing in-picture measurement functionality.
The benefits of integrating the BLK3D with Cyclone FIELD 360 for existing RTC360 and BLK360 users or potential users looking for a truly unique and integrated scanning solution provided by Leica Geosystems, are as follows:
- Further enriches captured scan data with measurable images
- Helps to reduce the number of scan setups by capturing hidden details in narrow areas where it might be difficult to setup a laser scanner.
- Use the BLK3D with your laser scanner or stand-alone for smaller jobs to capture important and intricate details.
- Integrates to known workflows by adding captured 3D Images with GeoTags directly into Cyclone FIELD 360 and makes them available in Cyclone, Cyclone REGISTER 360 (including Cyclone REGISTER 360 (BLK Edition)), TruView Enterprise, TruView Cloud and JetStream Viewer.
- Use the built-in laser distance meter for instant measurements delivered with highest accuracy.
- Improves the collaboration between existing project teams, as measurable images can be shared directly from the field to the cloud. This brings site conditions closer so better informed decisions can be made remotely.
Integrating the BLK3D into the existing Cyclone FIELD 360 mobile-device app workflow for the BLK360 and RTC360 provides a truly unique end-to-end solution by Leica Geosystems. It enhances captured point cloud data with measurable images and improves collaboration by allowing users to bring field conditions closer to decision makers.
The Cyclone FIELD 360 mobile-device app is free to download. A valid Cyclone REGISTER or Cyclone REGISTER 360 or Cyclone REGISTER 360 (BLK Edition) licence is required to activate Cyclone FIELD 360. Download the Cyclone FIELD 360 app from the App Store and Google Play .
Senior Product Manager, BLK3D
Leica Geosystems AG