With close to 200 years of pioneering solutions to measure the world, Leica Geosystems products and services are trusted by professionals worldwide to help them capture, analyze, and present spatial information. Leica Geosystems is best known for its broad array of products that capture accurately, model quickly, analyze easily and visualize and present spatial information.
As a key member of the Product Management team of the 3D Laser Scanning software business, we are looking for a Product Specialist to help shape our current and future products and play a key role in all operational aspects of ongoing product planning and marketing activities. You will be an expert-level professional in the use of 3D Laser Scanning software and have the passion to drive for further improvements.
Reporting to the Business Director and working with Product Management and Engineering Teams, this position ensures the development and ownership of the following activities:
Product Planning Activities:
Product Advocacy Activities:
- Understand target industry and end user needs and develop associated market and product requirements document
- Detail use cases and feature list for lifecycle and innovation activities
- Understand market requirements in view of competitive landscape to recommend focus areas
- Contribute to product roadmap planning to align requirements with technology
- Validate that product features meet market requirements according to defined use cases through rigorous review and refinement with Engineering
- As technical product evangelist, provide sales support to regional sales team by producing following market-facing deliverables such as technical white paper, product demonstration guides, demo scripts, associated datasets, videos and case studies
- Provide expert view on competitive benchmark, comparative and competitive analysis studies in all key facets of our software business
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work across different time zones (Asia and Europe)
- Ability to generate new solutions to existing problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Required Qualification / Experience:
- 5 years of relevant industry experience in Software for Engineering, CAD, Survey or similar
- Bachelor’s in Geomatics, Surveying, Computer Science or similar qualification
- Domain knowledge and experience with 3D point cloud software and HDS laser scanning and/or surveying technologies
- Familiarity with the Agile software development method
- Domestic and international travel may be required for this role but likely much less than 10% of the time
Job seekers with a disability
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or contact us through the email link below. Please include your contact information and specific details about your requested accommodation to support you during the job application process.
To request assistance by phone, contact us at: (800) 367-9453 (Voice)
For Email requests: AccessibilityForJobSeekers@leicaus.com
These telephone lines and the email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.