Leica DSX Utility Detection Solution
Uncovering utilities clearly and effortlessly
Reliable utility detection for everyone – simple detection workflow and results that anyone can understand
For utility repair and maintenance, civil engineering and surveying companies, the Leica DSX utility detection solution, consisting of a portable hardware with intuitive software allows to easily locate, visualise and map utilities. Unlike any other ground penetrating radar (GPR) system, the Leica DSX maximises productivity with cutting-edge software that automates data analysis and creates a 3D utility map on the field.
Ease of Use
- Ensure smooth and accurate underground utility detection without expert knowledge
- Complete utility detection and mapping in just a few steps through intuitive user interface
- Scan anywhere and at any time, even in narrow areas and under severe conditions
Instant 2D/3D Utility Map
- Save your time on site by mapping underground utilities in just minutes
- Export utilities in CAD or BIM-read formats for further usage
- Create professional reports, customised to your and your customers' needs
Reliable Detection Results
- Detect all types of underground utilities in high resolution to assure reliable avoidance zones
- Verify detected utilities with support of smart algorithm
- Import of POI's and utility records to help you make better decisions
- Offer a complete workflow from acquire to excavate
- Locate underground utilities with survey-grade accuracy
- Generate utility maps, compatible with all coordinate reference systems
STEP 1 : Collect information
Start by collecting utility records from utility company or local municipality. Upload them into DXplore. If possible, go the site before the job to perform a visual inspection. Use an Electromagnetic Locator (EML) (hyperlink) to search for power cables and conductive utilities and mark them on the ground.
STEP 2: Map utilities with Leica DSX
Set up the grid in the area of interest and collect information about all underground utilities with DSX and take advantage of automated and supported post-processing on site, resulting in a 3D utility map. DSX can be used together with Leica GPS/GNSS systems to generate highly accurate, georeferenced maps. Use additional information from STEP 1 in DXplore during data capture to support you in finalising the picture of the underground.
STEP 3: Excavate safely
Mark out utilities in the field based on the map or, for even more efficiency, send the utility map directly to an excavator with Leica MC1 software or other Leica software suites such as DX Manager Mapping, Infinity, Captivate. For further processing and overlay with additional geospatial data.
Got questions? We've got answers.
Let us support you. Contact us to find out more about our Detection Solutions, speak to a product expert or request a demo.
Utility detection for avoidance and mapping - Uncovering Data, Digitalise Reality
Surveyors, utility companies and contractors, now more than ever, need accurate, highly reliable, and up-to-date information – available for immediate use. Using the latest technology, detecting underground features becomes a simple and efficient task, increasing your safety and the protection of buried utilities. Our detection solutions provide a truly streamlined process from the field to the office, and back again, able to cover the entire utility detection, avoidance and mapping workflow with integrated solutions.