Leica Geosystems introduces new entry-level construction layout tool
New Leica iCON iCT30 provides easy-to-use operations for layout tasks in construction
(Heerbrugg, Switzerland, 10 April 2019) – Leica Geosystems, part of Hexagon, announced today the launch of the new Leica iCON iCT30 construction layout tool to bring more efficiency to the construction industry.
The iCON iCT30 construction layout tool, combined with the construction-tailored Leica iCON build field software, is an easy-to-use and affordable solution to increase productivity by minimising labour time and mistakes, while increasing accuracy and speed. The new iCT30 is an entry-level construction layout tool built for one-person layout tasks in construction.
“The Leica iCON iCT30 is designed for users moving for the first-time from conventional manual layout methods to automated workflows. The hardware and software are easy to use,” said Shane O’Regan, product expert Leica iCON at Leica Geosystems. “The new construction layout tool is part of the iCON portfolio for Building Construction and is integrated into iCON build construction-tailored software offering streamlined use of fully rendered models in .IFC format.”
Features for higher productivity
Simpler telescope aiming, reliable accuracy and one-person operation are some of the features that distinguish the iCT30 construction layout tool. The iCT30 is a fast and robust tool that provides significant up-time by assisting operators to deal with difficult site conditions, such as reflections, interruptions of line of sight, or congestions. With the iCT30, operators will layout more points per day, speeding up the construction process.
The new Leica iCON iCT30 is being launched at BAUMA in Munich, Germany. For hands-on demonstrations, visit Hexagon at Hall A2, Stand 137.
To learn more about the new construction layout tool series, please visit https://leica-geosystems.com/products/construction-tps-and-gnss/leica-icon-ict-30
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous — ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
- Hexagon’s Agriculture division provides technologies that convert data into intelligent information that enables smart planning, efficient execution, precise machine controls and automated workflows that optimise farm operations.
- Hexagon’s Geospatial division creates solutions that visualise location intelligence, delivering a 5D smart digital reality with insight into what was, what is, what could be, what should be, and ultimately, what will be.
- Hexagon’s Geosystems division provides a comprehensive portfolio of digital solutions that capture, measure, and visualise the physical world and enable data-driven transformation across industry ecosystems.
- Hexagon’s Manufacturing Intelligence division is digitally transforming manufacturing by converging design and engineering, production and metrology solutions to enable Smart Factories.
- Hexagon’s Mining division solves surface and underground mine challenges with proven technologies for planning, operations and safety.
- Hexagon’s Positioning Intelligence division is a global technology leader, pioneering end-to-end solutions for assured positioning for land, sea, and air. Its solutions power intelligent positioning ecosystems in vital industries and safety-of-life applications, enabling the advancement of the Autonomous X (cars, UAVs, industrial vehicles, trains, vessels, and more). The division includes leading brands NovAtel, Veripos, and AutonomouStuff.
- Hexagon’s PPM division empowers its clients to transform unstructured information into a smart digital asset to visualize, build and manage structures and facilities of all complexities, ensuring safe and efficient operation throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Hexagon’s Safety & Infrastructure division provides software for smart and safe cities, improving the performance, efficiency, and resilience of vital services.
Leica Geosystems AG
Tel: +41 71 727 3534