Leica iCON alpine Snow Measurement & Management
3D snow depth measurement and snow management
Accurate and efficient snow height measurement
To make snow grooming as efficient as possible, it’s important to know the exact snow depth under the plate attachments when processing snow volumes. The new grooming vehicles from Prinoth have iCON machine control, which directly measures snow depth under the plate and delivers real-time data on the display in the cabin. This enables operators to respond to snow conditions immediately and perfectly prepare slopes. This not only saves time, costs and adds safety to slopes, but also reduces water and energy needed for slope preparation, dramatically decreasing the customer’s ecological footprint.
Office visualisation with web-based solution
iCON alpine is a complete management solution for ski slope infrastructure. The system allows exchange of all snow height information and current working status of the ski slope simultaneously among all snow groomer operators in real time. The data can also be transferred in real time via a web server to and from any third party GIS snow management solution, such as Alpine PRO, for detailed analysis of snow height and management.
Proven machine control solutions from Leica Geosystems
Constructions sites have relied daily on iCON machine control by Leica Geosystems for many years, and the offering is well known for improving productivity and ensuring optimal use of resources. The iCON alpine adapted and continued to develop iCON machine control’s proven technology for use in snow depth measurement.
Well-founded and targeted slope management extends your skiing season, reduces operating costs considerably, and allows you to work in a more environmentally-friendly way.
- Less demand for man-made snow thanks to precisely planned snow production
- Lower fuel consumption
- Fewer vehicle hours and machine wear
- Fewer personnel hours
- Prevents penetration of the snow layer thanks to unique snow plough control
- Prevents collisions with water taps and other technical installations under the snow
In real time
The display in the snow groomer visualises the current snow depths under the snowcat and under the clearing plough in a 3D terrain model accurately down to the centimetre and in real time. Targeted slope management thus increases productivity.
- Precise snow making for neuralgic locations
- Targeted shifting of snow from snow depots
- Precise determination of the snow groomer position
Through systematic analyses and assessments, you have extensive knowledge of your skiing area and can thus sustainably ensure the quality of your slopes. Statistics enable long-term, multi-season planning.
- Early detection of weak points with low snow depths
- Identification of locations with extra snow
- Optimum, targeted snow making and preparation
The iCON alpine system can be installed on slope groomers from all manufacturers. Select manufacturers offer their vehicles already outfitted with the required pre-installation set-up for iCON. Existing vehicles can easily be retrofitted.
Based on the saved terrain model, the system indicates snow depths under the snowcats and under the clearing plough in real time.
- Calculates snow depth and distribution down to the centimetre
- Enables even distribution of the snow when constructing the snow surface
- Permits the clearing plough to be positioned optimally in relation to the terrain model
- Complex fun parks can be created efficiently
- Enables optimum distribution of remaining snow for snow retreat in the spring
- Streets can be cleared in a targeted way
Leica Geosystems has strategically partnered with Prinoth, a northern Italian based company and a leading producer of snow grooming machines and tracked utility vehicles, to provide more efficiency in grooming slopes, dramatically reducing fuel emissions and reducing costs considerably.
Prinoth has chosen the proven technology of Leica Geosystems by adding Leica iCON alpine 3D machine control to its snow groomers to be used in preparation of ski slopes. The pioneering Prinoth snow groomers will set new standards in terms of performance, fuel efficiency and reduced emission values. The snow groomers will be the first in the world equipped with this revolutionary machine control technology for snow depth measurement.