Leica iCON alpine Snow Management (EN)
3D snow depth measurement and snow management
Accurate and efficient snow height measurement
To make snow grooming as efficient as possible, it’s important to know the exact snow depth under the blade attachments when processing snow volumes. Leica iCON alpine delivers real-time data on the display in the cabin. This enables operators to respond to snow conditions immediately and perfectly prepare slopes. This not only saves time, cost and adds safety to slopes, but also reduces water and energy needed for slope preparation, dramatically decreasing the customer’s ecological footprint.
Office visualisation with web-based solution
iCON alpine is a complete management solution for ski slope infrastructure. The system allows exchange of all snow height information and current working status of the ski slope simultaneously among all snow groomer operators in real time. The data can also be transferred in real time via a web server to and from any third party GIS snow management solution, such as Alpine PRO, for detailed analysis of snow height and management.
The iCON alpine system can be installed on slope groomers from all manufacturers. Selected manufacturers offer their vehicles already outfitted with the required pre-installation set-up for iCON alpine. Existing vehicles can easily be retrofitted.
- Extends your skiing season
- Less demand for man-made snow thanks to precisely planned snow production
- Lower fuel consumption
- Prevents penetration of the snow layer thanks to unique snow plough control
- Prevents collisions with water taps and other technical installations under the snow
In real time
- The display in the snow groomer visualises the current snow depths in centimetres and in real time.
- Precise snow making
- Targeted shifting of snow from snow depots
- Precise determination of the snow groomer position
- Through systematic analyses and assessments, you have extensive knowledge of your skiing area and can thus sustainably ensure the quality of your slopes. Statistics enable long-term, multi-season planning.
- Early detection of weak points with low snow depths
- Identification of locations with extra snow
- Optimum, targeted snow making and preparation
- Complex fun parks can be created efficiently
- Enables efficient distribution of remaining snow for snow retreat in the spring
- Streets can be cleared in a targeted way