Great Stories, Perfect Weather: EMEA Airborne User Group Meeting 2015 Istanbul
The Leica Geosystems EMEA Airborne User Group Meeting 2015 was held 11-14 February in Istanbul. Wolfgang Hesse, strategic marketing manager for the Leica Geosystems Geospatial Solutions Division, provides an account of the event.
Fifty customers from more than 20 countries in Europe, Middle East and Africa followed the invitation to the Leica Geosystems EMEA Airborne User Group Meeting 2015 in the beautiful city of Istanbul.
One of the reasons to go to Istanbul is the fact that Eastern Europeans attendees don’t need a visa for Turkey. Of course, though, we wanted to also have some sunshine in February in this global melting pot. That was a mistake – snow and rain all week long, but perfect weather for a working conference as you couldn’t see the big ships on the Bosphorus.
That’s what it was – a wonderful working conference. Great customer user stories out of all fields of airborne business:
- Mike Davies from COWI Denmark reported on infrastructure mapping with the new ALS80.
- Patrice Lemire, Managing Director of Geosystems France, explained various applications for the National Mapping Agency of Morocco.
- Sergey Kadnichansky from Sigma Metrix, Russia, showed end-to-end solutions of high resolution imaging production.
- Ian Davies, operations director from Pelydryn, UK, gave deep insights of his experiences with Chiroptera II in a multi-sensor survey for island mapping.
- Ernest Bosch from the l’Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya (ICGC) in Barcelona informed on oblique imagery facilitating high quality 3D city modelling in Spain.
All of these sessions were rounded up by technical updates in software and hardware by our specialists. In addition, our airborne customers got an update also on latest developments in Pegasus mobile mapping solutions and Aibot X6 as a new platform for airborne mapping.
From our guests, the feedback was “Good event with great stories and perfect weather.”