Leica CloudWorx for AutoCAD
Point cloud plug-in for AutoCAD
Leica CloudWorx for AutoCAD is the most efficient and popular plug-in software for using as-built point cloud data – captured by laser scanners – directly within AutoCAD.
Users take advantage of the familiar AutoCAD interface and tools to shorten the learning curve for working with laser scan data. Users can create accurate 2D and 3D as-builts, check proposed designs against existing conditions, perform critical construction & fabrication QA, and more… all directly within AutoCAD.
In the past, users often struggled with point cloud manipulation when using AutoCAD point cloud plug-ins. CloudWorx overcomes this with its powerful TruSpace viewing window. This intuitive, panoramic viewing window lets users “see” better what the point cloud represents, and acts like a super-control to drive point clouds visualisation in AutoCAD with unprecedented speed.Features and Benefits
- Optional LGS File, Cyclone, JetStream or ReCap data source
- Work in AutoCAD with point clouds from any laser scanner or point cloud-creating 3D sensor
- Eliminate the need for time-consuming export/import processes of point cloud file formats
- Manipulate and navigate large point cloud data sets faster, including slices, sections, and limit boxes
- QuickSlice tool lets users quickly slice and orient the point cloud, aligning to walls and floors
- Auto-Fit Polyline tool lets users quickly fit 2D lines and arcs to the point cloud with one, two, or three pick points; combine with QuickSlice for fast, user-friendly 2D linework extraction
- Steel, flange, automatic pipe, and 2D line fitters
- Catalog fitting for intelligent as-builts
- Accurate tie-ins and clash checks
- Floor Flatness and Floor Levelness tool with automatic ASTM 1155 standard report generation
- Orthoimage tool to create GeoTIFF, PNG, JPEG, GIF, and BMP images with options for direct opening in AutoCAD
- Automatic orientation of UCS to point clouds
- SmartPicks and Points on Grid tools
- TruSpace panoramic viewer with background images for intuitive interaction with and driving of the point cloud in the application’s viewing pane
- Saved project environment settings
- English, German, Japanese and other languages available
- TruSpace Layers: RGB, HDR, greyscale intensity, hue intensity, IR w/ temperature data
- Full support for Leica Geosystems universal digital realities files (LGS), including: Layers, GeoTags, Assets and more.
- Auto Linework Assist: speeds the deliverable creation process by assisting users in the deliverable creation process.
- Localised in the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Russian, Korean.
Leica Geosystems' JetStream point cloud engine provides users with a simple means of collaborating on projects. By centralising project data on a JetStream server, up to 10 users may simultaneously connect to any database via CloudWorx to create downstream deliverables without “regen” delays, even when working with billions of points. JetStream delivers unmatched productivity gains with higher fidelity in final deliverables when working with point clouds in a CAD environment than competitor formats. Users can also harness the speed and clarity of JetStream without the server by working with LGS files in CloudWorx rather than a Cyclone project. The JetStream Experience in CloudWorx for Revit demonstrates this time saving and cost cutting benefits right in your current CloudWorx installation. Users can easily download and run the Experience by following the prompts in the software after clicking the new JetStream Experience button in the menu ribbon.