Monitoring for construction sites
The complete solution for monitoring in a construction environment
Deformation monitoring enhances awareness of change, providing real-time information, enabling safety decisions to be based on facts, not only creating protection of people and structures, but also optimising operations during works.
Total Monitoring is the combination of data from geodetic monitoring sensors (total stations, GNSS or levels) with geotechnical and environmental sensors (tilt sensors, strain gauges, weather stations, etc.). It provides the complete picture about events occurring aiding greater understanding of influence from construction or related activities.
Why monitoring is beneficial on construction sites:
- To understand deformation caused by excavation, ground loading and unloading not just to the construction site but also adjacent structures. Empowering the engineering team with information so they can take action before assets are damaged and minimise disruption.
- To validate design calculations for structural deformation during construction phases, allowing engineering teams to make informed decisions regarding construction activities. Working smarter within tolerances for maximum productivity reducing costs and increasing safety.
- To provide structural health monitoring for the lifecycle of the structure from construction, assessing its performance and degradation over time, potentially extending the lifespan of structures or providing information for change in future designs.
- Document historical changes to structures associated with the construction in case disaster occurs.
- To assess the impact of the environmental change upon the construction site and the inverse influence of the construction on the local environment.
This video presents typical generic examples of monitoring installations on a construction site, yet every monitoring project requires its own specifically assessed and designed monitoring system thus specialists should be consulted before any installation.
Onko sinulla kysyttävää? Meiltä saat vastaukset!
Tuemme teitä mielellämme